The technology of e-books takes the learning and enjoyment process of a turkey-tips book to a whole new level. For the first time, you can actually sit against a tree or tuck away in a ground blind and hear turkey sounds… recordings of real one. All you need is a set of ear buds and a smart device and you can practice calling, identify unfamiliar sounds, or get tips on what to do next. This book costs just $2.99 to download or you can buy a chapter for $.99. Here are the details:
“Those who are new to turkey hunting or are thinking about taking it up will find the new e-book Today’s Turkey Hunter a valuable how-to guide. Published by Kalkomey Enterprises, Inc., Today’s Turkey Hunter contains wild turkey video, audio of the most common turkey calls, and easy-to-understand instructions.“Turkey hunting is growing in popularity, with more than three million participants now. Providing basic information about how to turkey hunt will help make hunters’ trips afield safer and more rewarding,” said Kurt Kalkomey, president of Kalkomey Enterprises, Inc. “We’re committed to accuracy. So to make sure this e-book provided the best possible information, we had the experts at the National Wild Turkey Federation review it.”The National Wild Turkey Federation is dedicated to wild turkey conservation and preserving the hunt, which includes encouraging turkey hunting safety. The NWTF initiated the National Turkey Hunting Safety Task Force, which brought together hunting and shooting safety experts from across the country to develop a safety program. Today’s Turkey Hunter outlines those best practices for safe turkey hunting that were identified by the National Turkey Hunting Safety Task Force.Today’s Turkey Hunter uses video, audio, photos, maps and realistic illustrations to deliver the following turkey hunting advice:
- Learning about wild turkey behavior.
- Identifying the differences between hens and gobblers.
- Selecting the right gear and clothes.
- Improving calling skills.
- Finding a place to hunt.
- Understanding how to scout for wild turkeys.
- Hunting strategies for spring and fall.
- Focusing on turkey hunting safety.“Safe turkey hunting strategies are well worth learning because they’re also tactics that can put you in the best position to take a gobbler,” said Tom Hughes, the National Wild Turkey Federation’s assistant vice president for Conservation Programs.”